What Are CCTV Security Cameras and Why Do You Need Them?
Security cameras are a fundamental feature in every business premise and home. The devices provide peace of mind by allowing you to monitor whoever gains access to your property remotely or from within the property. Different designs exist, ranging from ball and socket types to cylindrical-shaped cameras. Our professional team is readily available to help you make an ideal selection for your home or office.
Factors to consider when selecting a camera system
- The camera type that best fits your application
- Which is best for you – one or two-way audio communication?
- How important to you is a system that zooms in without losing the resolution?
- o you need a surveillance system with remote control capabilities that enable you to change the angle of your camera?
- For how long should the recordings be saved before they’re deleted?
- How vital is facial recognition with automated notifications essential to you?
TYPES OF DOOR OPENERS
Dome cameras get their name from their shape and are appropriate for residential and commercial use. Their design makes it impossible for people to tell the lens position, which adds to the security aspect. They blend well with the surrounding features, which improves aesthetics. Getting a professional opinion can help with installation to ensure you get the best fit for your needs.
The benefits of dome cameras include:
- Discretion – they merge with their surroundings.
- Wide-angle coverage because of the rotating camera
- Less vulnerable to vandalism
- Resistance to damage by weather. They are suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Night vision
Bullet cameras are the most popular type of security camera in most regions. They have a unique bullet-like shape that distinguishes them from other cameras and makes them visible. Although hiding them is impossible, they provide wider viewing angles, making them suitable for parking lots and areas like backyards. You can use them outside or indoors. There is a small lip on the tip of the bullet camera to protect it from weather elements and glare.
Some of the benefits of the bullet camera include:
- Long-range coverage
- Straightforward installation
- Weather resistance
- Night vision capaabilities
- Indoor and outdoor use
Eyeball cameras are usable in diverse environments. The flat lens produces less distorted images as compared to the images of dome cameras. Eyeball cameras also have an infrared beam that can be focused on an area you want. Infrared LEDs have no glare, which is popular with standard dome cameras.
The advantages of dome eyeball cameras are:
- Optimal protection from vandalism
- Ability to withstand the weather
- Suitable for external and internal applications
- Wide coverage
- Discretion – the camera stays hidden